|Usui Reiki Level 1|
|Level 1 - Lesson 2|
Brow Chakra ~ AjnaThis is the energy center where mind and spirit meet within the physical context. The energy from this point spreads into every cell of the body. All other chakras are dependent upon and rule by this energy center.
• Sanskrit name: Ajna (to perceive)
• Location: The center of the forehead, brow
• Symbol: A circle surrounded on each side by two large lotus petals ( or a lotus with 96 petals ), and inside it a triangle
• Central issue: Intuition, imagination, ability to see one's life clearly, use of the mind/intellect
• Color: Indigo
• Essential Oils: Geranium, lavender, rosemary, spearmint
• Crystals and Stones: Amethyst, azurite, fluorite, lapidolite
• Stars and Astrological Signs: The planets Jupiter, Uranus, Mercury, Neptune and signs Sagittarius, Aquarius, Pisces
• Sound or mantra: Ham-ksham
• Sense: Intuition (the sixth sense)
• Body: The high mental body
• Orientation to self: Self-reflection
• Goals: Psychic perception, imagination, clear seeing, accurate interpretation • Rights: To see
Developmental stage: Adolescence
• Identity: Archetypal identity
• Level of relationship: Our relationship to knowledge, wisdom and vision
• Vice: Illusion
• Element: Light
• Hormonal glands: The pituitary and the pineal gland
• Organs: The brain, nervous system, eyes, ears, nose, sinuses, face, the pineal and pituitary gland
• Excessive: Hallucination, nightmares, obsessions, delusions, difficulty concentrating, headaches
• Deficient: Poor vision and memory, insensitivity, lack of imagination, difficulty visualizing, difficulty seeing the future, can't remember dreams, denial
• Balanced: Intuitive, perceptive, imaginative, good memory, able to visualize, able to think symbolically, able to remember dreams
• Physical Dysfunctions: Headaches, eye and ear disease, nose and sinus problems, facial nerve problems, nightmares, brain tumor, stroke, neurological disturbances, seizures, full spinal difficulty, learning disabilities
• Addictions: Hallucinogens, marijuana
• Traumas and Abuses: Frightening environment (war, violence), what you see does not go with what you are told, invalidation of intuition and psychic occurrences
• Spiritual challenges: Pride and the ability to make judgment’s. The spiritual lessons relate to insight and intuition, to seeing beyond the visible.
• HEALING STRATEGY: Meditation, visual stimulation, create visual art, coloring and drawing, working with memory, dream work, hypnosis, guided visualization, past life regression therapy
Crown Chakra – SahasraraThe Crown chakra vibrates to violet, gold or white light. It is linked to the pituitary gland, which is the master endocrine gland. The Crown allows us to connect with the Oneness of the Universe- its function is to take us beyond our individual selves.
The Crown chakra is located just above the top of the crown of the head. The total energy reflections of each chakra are believed to reside within it. By linking our consciousness with the Universe we allow for fulfillment of our potential. We are all incarnated here for our soul’s growth and this is hard to do from a limited Earthly perspective. By working through the Crown we can understand so much more about our place here and our life lessons.
• Sanskrit name: Sahasrara (thousand-fold)
• Location: The crown of the skull
• Symbol: A lotus with thousand petals
• Central issue: Awareness, spiritual search for meaning, issues of karma and grace, grace bank account, spiritual awakening, divine discontent Color: Purple, white, gold, silver • Essential Oils: Jasmine, frankincense
• Crystals and Stones: Diamond, clear quartz, moldavite, selenite, pyrite
• Stars and Astrological Signs: The planets Saturn and Neptune, the signs Capricorn and Pisces
• Sound or mantra: Om
• Body: The soul, the karmic, causal body
• Orientation to self: Self-knowledge
• Goals: Wisdom, knowledge, spiritual connection, consciousness
• Rights: To know
• Developmental stage: Throughout life
• Identity: Universal identity
• Level of relationship: Relationship to our life's true purpose, relationship between the ego and the higher self, relationship to God and spirit
• Vice: Attachment
• Element: Thought
• Organs: The muscular and skeletal system, skin, central nervous system
• Excessive: Over-intellectualization, spiritual addiction, confusion, dissociation from body
• Deficient: Spiritual cynicism, learning difficulties, rigid belief systems, apathy, materialism, greed, domination of others
• Balanced: Sense of spiritual connection, open-minded, wisdom and mastery, broad understanding, intelligent, thoughtful, aware, ability to perceive, analyze and assimilate information
• Physical Dysfunctions: Energetic disorders, mystical depression, coma, migraines, brain tumors’, amnesia, chronic exhaustion not linked to physical disorder, sensitivity to light, sound and other environmental factors
• Addictions: Religion, spiritual practices
• Traumas and Addictions: Spiritual abuse, forced religiosity, blind obedience, misinformation, lies, withheld information, invalidation of one's beliefs
• Spiritual challenges: Hope and faith, spiritual conscience. Spiritual quests and questions of your life: For what purpose was I born? What is truth? What is the deeper meaning of life? Can I find that? Failure to hear and respond to these questions can lead to anxiety and depression.
• HEALING STRATEGY: Re-establish physical, emotional, spirit connection, spiritual discipline, meditation, examine belief systems, goal setting
Minor ChakrasThe Hands - located exactly at the center point between the thumb and index finger. (Some feel it is located in the center of your palm.) They are the seats of creative energy and are brought into action when we make or do something.
Color: Blues, greens, and oranges.
The Feet - located in the center of the arch of the foot. They help maintain our connection with the Earth and create the vitally important balance between Earth energies and cosmic energies, which are pulled in through the 7th chakra (Crown Chakra).
Colour: Earth brown